Skip to content

Newsletter - Summer 2017

FREE* Lab Fees on Cushings Disease Testing

Once again this offer is available to horses and ponies not previously diagnosed with Cushings Disease (PPID). 

Cushings Disease is an endocrine condition that tends to be more commonly diagnosed in our more mature horses and ponies.

For more information on PPID please visit www.talkaboutlaminitis.co.uk or contact us at the clinic.

*Please note visit fee and blood sample fee will still be charged.

Good luck Kirsty

As many of you will now know our vet Kirsty is expecting her second child and went on maternity leave on the 8th July.  We wish Kirsty and partner Tom all the best!

Faecal Worm Egg Counts

We are currently very busy with FWECs. Claire carries out all the testing in-house on a same day service to ensure the most accurate results.

FWECs are carried out same day at the clinic at £9.50 each or £7.50 each for 5 or more samples.

Results - Claire has carried out 370 FWECs so far this year with only 11% of those tested having a high result therefore requiring treatment.  This is great as the remaining 89% therefore did not require any treatment following testing reducing unnecessary use of wormers and helping reduce resistance building up against our worming drugs!

All that is required for this quick and easy test is a sample of fresh droppings.  If you would like to have your horse tested please contact us at the clinic to arrange to bring in a sample. 

Local Event Sponsorship

We are keen to support our local riders, riding clubs and events in the area.  Upcoming events we are sponsoring and supporting include:

The Chantry Championships – Working Hunter

Sunday 3rd September at Hallamshire Riding Society

Barlow Country Day – Sunday 10th September 2017, Birley, Cutthorpe S42 7AY

http://www.barlowhunt.org.uk/barlow_country_day

Wobbleberry Training Day

In May we held a training day to support some of our clients taking part in the Wobbleberry Challenge.  The challenge involves training for and competing in a British Eventing BE80 competition and is aimed at ‘middle aged wimpy riders’ in order to raise money for the cancer charity Wilberry Wonder Pony.

Local event rider Maddy Moffett provided the training for the riders at her yard in Biggin.  A great day was had by all and the riders all took home valuable tips from Maddy to help them achieve their goal.